• Text size
  • A
  • A
  • A
Your spotlight on local services

Call us 01724 844986

Contact us  

menu

Dental patients give staff something to smile about

27/03/2014

Staff from a specialist dental service have something to smile about after their patients gave them a glowing report.NLAG logo

The community dental service run by Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust provides care to some of the most vulnerable members of the community, including people with special needs and wheelchair users.

All of the 120 patients surveyed said they were so satisfied with the service that they’d be happy to return to the same dentist for treatment.

90 per cent said they were happy with the outcome of their treatment - the other 10 per cent did not have treatment. 92 per cent said their appointment was on time with just five per cent saying they had to wait (three per cent did not have an appointment time).

Patients also said they found it easy to contact their dentist, that they would have no problem raising a complaint if they needed to and that their dentist explained everything about their treatment clearly.

Michael Stanfield, clinical lead for community dental services, said: “These results are a well-deserved pat on the back for our staff. We are always looking at ways to improve our service and even though the results are very positive we can also identify areas for improvement.Wheel chair tipper at dentist

“It is our aim to make sure every single patient gets a full explanation of NHS dental charges. Some of the respondents said they didn’t know how to contact the out-of-hours dental service so this is something we are going to make more prominent in our surgeries.”

The service operates from the Ironstone Centre and the Ashby Clinic in Scunthorpe and St Hugh’s Avenue and Cromwell Road Primary Care Centre in Grimsby. 

 

Recent

Quick poll

How do you prefer to communicate with Healthwatch?

Recent Tweets