• Text size
  • A
  • A
  • A
Your spotlight on local services

Call us 01724 844986

Contact us  


NHS Complaints

Making an NHS compalint


Who can complain?

Anyone can complain about NHS services or treatment they have received, or if they have been affected by the cations or decisions of an NHS orgnaisation, or primary care practitioner. If you are unable to complain yourself, someone can act on your behalf with written consent.

When should I make a complaint?

A complaint should be made within 12 months from the date it occured or when it came to your attention. In some cases if there is good reason why you could not complain sooner and it is still possible to investigate your complaint, it may be possible to waive the time limit.

 Your rights and how to make a complaint

Where possible, try to make a formal complaint directly to the service you have issues with. For example, if you have had issues with your GP, please raise your concern with you GP practice manager. If you are not satisfied with the result, you may wish to proceed further with your complaint.

To make a complaint about hospital services, you should contact your local PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service). Scunthorpe hospital PALS can be contacted on 01724 290132. More information about PALS can be found here.

To make a complaint about NHS primary care services (including GPs, dentist and pharmacists) you should contact NHS England. You can contact NHS England on 0300 311 2233 or by sending an email to england.contactus@nhs.net 

If your complaint is about a CCG commissioning or funding decision you should call 01652 251005 or send an email to nlccg.complaints@nhs.net

If you have tried the proceedure above and are dissatisfied with the response, please contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsmen by calling 0345 015 4033 or emailing phso.enquiries@ombudsman.org.uk

The NHS website also gives details of your rights and how to make a complaint.

Support with making a complaint

Cloverleaf Advocacy can help support individuals in North Lincolnshire who are elderly, have a disability or mental health needs to make a complaint. This includes people in hospitals, secure mental health units and residential care. They also support carers of these individuals with any complaints they would like to make. 

To get in touch with Cloverleaf, please call them on 01724 854952 or send an email to northlincs@cloverleaf-advocacy.co.uk

Quick poll

How do you prefer to communicate with Healthwatch?

Where to find us


Healthwatch North Lincolnshire
Unit 36 & 37 
Normanby Gateway 
Lysaghts Way 
DN15 9YG

View map